Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First day of school

Tomorrow is my first day of school. I had to pick out an outfit and everything. I always hated that it was still hot on the first day of school so you couldn't really wear your new fall clothes without being uncomfortable. The past few days have been great, weather wise, but today was back in the 80's and tomorrow will be too. Though I am happy to have left the 90's and 100's of Virginia's August behind.

I'm a bit nervous, mostly about making friends, but hopefully it won't be too bad. I've hung out with the girl I already knew and her roommate, so I have two official friends.

All of my roommates have finally moved in, and are really nice. Two of us even came up with a house drink, and we all wrote out our house rules for Kings. You know, get out the important stuff first. Right now it all feels like college part two, but I know after school tomorrow and work on Wednesday it will be a little more like real life, especially since I am looking into getting an internship on top of the work study I am already doing. A library kind of near here wants an intern for the children's department, 10 hours a week. It is the perfect job for me, if they can look past the fact that I am a first year.

I hope this all works out.

Pictures will come soon, when i actually finish organizing my amazing closet. Seriously, I will have to take pictures of the closet in levels.

Also, I miss everyone!

2 comments:

Amber said...

you sound like you're doing so good! I'm so proud of you. Enjoy your first day!

exit_265c said...

Hey! I hope all goes well. Good luck.